Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Posting by Nellie

Photo by Aunt Lori.
What's happened that--OH! I know! Yesterday I did an experiment--that's what it actually was!--called "Rising Raisins". In front of the class...at first I put some baking soda in a glass of water. Then I asked, "What do you think will happen when I put the raisins in?" I chose some people to answer, and some said that the raisins would sink to the bottom, then go to the top, then go back down, and I can't remember all of the other guesses.

Then I put the raisins in, and they just sank to the bottom.

Then I put some vinegar in...and the raisins started to float! Then, after that, I tried it with 7up, put the raisins in, and it worked really quickly!

It was really cool and my teacher thought of another experiment that someone else did in my class that was similar. That's the end!

- by Janelle

2 comments:

  1. What a great post! I'm going to have to get her to guest post on my blog soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love kitchen experiments like those... like the one that demonstrates the strength of eggshell design. I love that this post!

    ReplyDelete